This Malwarebytes Review
is the VPN we will talk about today and our goal for this article is to show you, is Malwarebytes good or bad for the customer which also has a 25% discount with our link at the end. With Malwarebytes VPN you can take control of your private details. Malwarebytes privacy VPN (Virtual Private Network) helps you surf the internet much safer. The VPN acts as a middleman operator on the digital world between you and the internet. By using the VPN, your private details stay hidden and the only shared details are the details of the virtual private network.
Surfing the internet without proper security can lead to your details getting tracked and compromised. If you use an online wallets to store the crypto funds, you need to protect the account security measures. An online crypto wallet can be secured with a strong password, two-factor authentication (2FA), backup, etc. If you wanted to know more about cryptocurrency wallets we also have a top 10 crypto wallet article here.
Malwarebytes privacy VPN operates in 30 countries with more than 200 servers available to use. By using the Malwarebytes VPN, your connection is secured with 256-bit AES encryption. The VPN is available to use on all desktop devices with operating systems of Windows 7 and or higher versions.
This article will give you more information about the Malware VPN features, set up process, encryption, price, and more details.
User-Friendly Interface Design
To use the Malwarebytes VPN on your desktop, your computer needs to run at least Windows 7. But since Windows 7 has been for a long time and it’s not receiving any updates from Windows, we recommend upgrading to Windows 8 or 10. The design on the Malwarebytes is based mostly on a blue color which is the same most used color on Malwarebytes logo and other services.
The user can start using the VPN and hide there identity with a single click. Below the toggle button, the user can choose the location servers. Each server shows the flags of the supported servers by countries. And to switch the location, the user can click on the “Switch” button below the server locations.
To examine the current location, the Malwarebytes software shows the current server location on a map. So the user can see the correct server located inside a single country. As we mentioned, Malwarebytes VPN supports only Windows devices. There are plans to launch the service on Macbook laptops, iOS devices, Android devices, and Chrome devices such as Chromebook.
Malwarebytes Privacy VPN costs $59.99 per year and it’s available to use on 5 devices. The user cannot choose to buy the VPN with less than 5 devices. VPN for 5 devices can be very useful and will save you money if anyone from your family or any friends needs to use a VPN on its device. However for users that don’t need more than 1 license per device, it may look not needful to buy 5 licenses.
For users who need the Malwarebytes Premium protection software that protects the PC from different threads, it can be purchased on a bundle. Currently Malwarebytes Premium antivirus software and Malwarebytes Privacy VPN costs $89.99 for a year. You can also See Pricing with the link attached.
Prevent tracking and hackers
The VPN improves the privacy and the security of internet browsing in general. By using the VPN, the user can protect his privacy details like IP Address, Location, etc. If your IP Address gets compromised it may affect the internet connection. Hackers can use malicious programs to lower the internet speed, or DDoS the internet IP address which can affect your internet surfing in general.
Malwarebytes Privacy VPN masks your IP address, location, and search history to stop them from being tracked by websites. The user can use the VPN to improve his internet speed of the internet online. Some users may not have the fastest internet speed to download files, watch videos on different streaming platforms, etc. And this may lead to looking for other alternatives. Based on our research the average speed test of Malwarebytes VPN is at 20mbs and it can up to 50mbps.
Many server locations
VPNs are great to access blocked websites that are not available in some locations. Malwarebytes VPN offers that too, as it can unlock different websites by using more than 200 server locations around the world.
To switch to a different server location on Malwarebytes VPN, follow the steps below:
- First, open Malwarebytes Privacy VPN software.
- Then, click the toggle button and turn it on.
- Under the “Choose a new server” you have to choose your location server.
- Choose the server, by clicking in any country to show the servers.
- Click the city within the country’s drop-down.
- Click the “Switch” button and your server location will be changed.
If the user chooses a location closer to the physical location it may provide a faster connection according to the Malwarebytes. Also, Malwarebytes recommends enabling the “Auto-connect” setting to automatically connect to a private server.
The full list of supported countries with servers is listed below:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech, Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
Fast internet speed
The internet speed on Malwarebytes Privacy VPN depends on the server location. If you want to receive a faster internet speed, then you need to choose a closer location of VPN from your physical location. If you live in Europe for example, then choosing European servers can help you enjoy a faster internet speed. Totes the internet speed of Malwarebytes Privacy VPN, follow the steps below:
- First, open the Malwarebytes VPN program. And turn off the VPN connection by clicking switching the button and leave it to “OFF”
- Open an Internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.
- To test the connection speed, you need to go to a website internet tester. Some of the most popular internet speed testers are:
- After the speed test is finished, save the details of the Download Mbps and Upload Mbps.
- In the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN program, turn on the VPN connection by switching the button to “ON”
- To test the connection speed again, use the Speedtest.com or Fast.com website
After the speed test process has been completed, compare the results of your internet speed and VPN speed. If the internet speed on the Malwarebytes VPN is slow, make sure to switch to different server locations to find a faster internet speed.
What data does Malwarebytes VPN collect?
Besides the benefits of hidden privacy and better security on the internet, the user needs to understand what data are collected through the VPN provider. In this case, Malwarebytes VPN claims that it doesn’t collect these data:
- Details about the websites or IP addresses browsed on your device
- DNS requests made by you
- Bandwidth usage on your device
- Network details of your device, including IP address
- Telemetry data from the Malwarebytes Privacy application, including telemetry on functionality and on the system environment
- Local Malwarebytes Privacy application logs
The data that Malwarebytes VPN collects include personal and non-personal information: Data collected by Malwarebytes VPN are listed below:
- Name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Username, password, company name, company size, business type
- Internet protocol address (IP), browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages.
- The operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data.
Malwarebytes Browser Guard
The user can enjoy even more privacy with Malwarebytes Browser Guard. It’s available as an extension on a web browser on Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The extension is available for free but the features are limited. However, the user with a premium license of Malwarebytes Antivirus can access the full features.
The extension comes with the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN and is installed automatically. But the user can decide to not install the Browser Guar during the install set up. According to the Malwarebytes, the Browser Guard it will increase the displaying pages on the website 4x faster. This is done by blocking third-party ads, scripts, or unwanted content that can save your bandwidth and increase the loading speed.
With this extension, the user can detect malicious threats that can steal your data. It can detect also scam links that may try to scam the victim. Also, Browser Guard blocks malware, cryptojacker known as crypto miner processes that run on a hidden script inside your browser. This may slow down your browser and increase the CPU usage, and Browser Guard helps you to prevent that.
Set up guide
To activate the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN on your device, follow the steps below:
- Open the “Malwarebytes Privacy VPN” program
- On the welcome page, click the button “Get Started”
- In the “License key” field, enter the “Malwarebytes Privacy VPN” license key exactly as it appears in your confirmation email. If you’re having issues with finding the license key, follow the “Find my license key” steps below
- Click the “Activate” button
- A series of informational screens appear. Click on the “Next” button to continue
- Then it will appear the final informational screen. Click the “Got it” button to complete the activation
To find your license key of Malwarebytes Privacy from your account, follow the steps below:
“Find my license key”
- Open the Malwarebytes link below on your web browser
- “Sign in” with your account, complete the verification form “I’m not a robot” and go to “My Account”
- Click on the “Subscriptions” tab
- The Subscriptions tab lists your Malwarebytes purchases and corresponding license keys. Copy the license key and paste the license on the desktop app.
The user can also find the license key on the purchase email of the license key.
Malwarebytes offers a partnership program with its clients. For each referral the Malwarebytes offer a 40% commission for each sale. In a collaboration with the “CJ Affiliate” platform, each user can earn commission and receive the payment within 30 days.
But to earn money through the affiliate program, the user needs to have a website to get accepted, otherwise, applicants without a website will be rejected. The full list of benefits and requirements for the affiliate program are listed below:
- High conversion rates
- Up to 30% commission for each sale
- Receive commission 30 days within point-of-sale
- Access to affiliate marketing promos (different banner sizes)
- Access to affiliate e-manager
- 45-day referral period (to track the cookies)
- Malwarebytes handles product billing and support
- The user needs to have his own domain (no parked domains)
- Applicant’s email domain should match the website domain
- Website content should be related to technology such as malware, security, computers, software, internet, etc
- The website must not contain content of spyware, downloadable toolbars, malware, viruses, cracking (pirated) software, spam, etc
- The privacy and security
- Hundreds of server locations available
- User-friendly design
- It collects some personal pieces of information
- The user needs to pay for 5 devices even if the user doesn’t need that number of devices to run the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular programs when it comes to protecting the user’s security. It’s known as one of the most effective programs to keep the user’s computer secured from different threats. And with the great reputation on anti-virus, the trust in the Malwarebytes VPN program has started to become more practical too.
The VPN offers many different server locations so the user can unblock any restricted website worldwide. With the “Browser Guard” extension offered for free on the Malwarebytes package, the user can enjoy even more privacy and security.
A family user who wants to secure his devices and enjoy full privacy on many devices can try the Malwarebytes VPN at a reasonable price. However, the support for 5 devices for some users may not look beneficial if someone needs only 1 license per device.
In general, considering the value of the features and positive reviews on Malwarebytes, we can recommend trying the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN.
Image via shutterstock, Writer Behar H.